[Slackbuilds-users] LibreOffice compilation fails

Ythogtha yth at ythogtha.org
Sat Feb 24 19:57:04 UTC 2018

> I sometimes saw this type of output in my i586 test builds in a VM, even
> after allocating more and more resources (RAM, disk space) to it. BTW,
> no such problems with x86_64 VM, so I've long suspected some sort of
> memory addressing problem.
>
> After running with MAKEFLAGS-=-j1, I noticed a mention about virtual
> memory exhaustion. This led to more resource allocation increases in the
> VM, including adding more swap space but still no conclusive improvement
> (sometimes failure, sometimes success).
>
> Eventually, based on an idea which is not quite clear enough in my own
> mind to try to explain, I set TMP=/var/tmp/SBo when running the
> SlackBuild (overriding its TMP=/tmp/SBo). Since then the i586 VM has
> built LO without problems using MAKEFLAGS=-j4 (LO versions 6.0.0.3 &
> 6.0.1.1).
>
> chris

Well, thanks Chris, this has been helpful !
I changed the TMP dir and it builds fine.

Now I'll try to find why sometimes it works and why sometimes it doesn't,
depending on the TMP directory.
If I find a pattern or anything useful, I'll get back here to tell about it.

--
Arnaud <yth at ythogtha.org>