[Slackbuilds-users] lmello's svgalib stuff

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 01:52:09 UTC 2018

Looking at the list of abandoned builds, I see these two:

graphics/svp: svp (A ghostscript front end for svgalib)
graphics/zgv: zgv (svgalib picture viewer)

I have memories of using zgv in the 90s, but I haven't gotten svgalib
to do anything but crash with any video card made this century.

Does anyone have a working svgalib setup on fairly modern hardware? Is
it even possible?

zgv can be built for SDL instead of svgalib, which might allow it to
work with the framebuffer console. If this actually works, would there
be any benefit in converting the zgv build to use it instead of svgalib?
We already have some decent framebuffer image viewers, including fbi.