[Slackbuilds-users] Wishful thinking

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 17:02:34 UTC 2018

On 13/01/18 17:43, Alexander Grotewohl wrote:
> So I was thinking it'd be kind of neat if it were possible to log in on
> the slackbuilds site and check off software I've installed, and perhaps
> get a list of items that have changed since I last checked. Yeah,
> wishful thinking indeed :)
>
> BUT, on a separate, related note, what do you guys & gals use to keep
> track? I currently keep a Changelog file and list off everything I do
> and the date, as well as read through the list of items on the weekly
> email list. I do miss one once in a while though, or in the case of some
> deps that get significantly less updates, I'll forget I use them entirely.
>
> Sorry if this email is a bit of an incomplete thought.. just hoping for
> a few tips and tricks :)
>
> Alex

If you don't use any of the available SBo package managers, you're
making your life unnecessarily complicated ;-)

Also, use of git can be handy (since SBo is git -enabled).
I actually started using git, because one of SBo package managers,
namely _slackrepo_, uses it.

So in general, I use slackrepo to be up to date, and then git, to
maintain my local modifications.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski