[Slackbuilds-users] Wishful thinking

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 19:29:26 UTC 2018

On 1/13/18, Alexander Grotewohl <alex at dcclost.com> wrote:
> So I was thinking it'd be kind of neat if it were possible to log in on
> the slackbuilds site and check off software I've installed, and perhaps
> get a list of items that have changed since I last checked. Yeah,
> wishful thinking indeed :)

Doing that on a website, manually, by checking boxes... would be tedious
indeed. The computer already knows the information, better to automate it.

sbopkg isn't my favorite thing in the world, but it does a good job of
finding locally-installed packages that are outdated (have new versions
on SBo).

I've never used sbotools, but surely it has the same functionality. I'm
tempted to say "if it doesn't, I'll eat my hat", but I'm running low on
hats lately...