[Slackbuilds-users] qt5 is sorely in need of an update

orbea at fredslev.dk orbea at fredslev.dk
Tue Jul 3 17:40:40 UTC 2018

> Maybe you meant this by EOL also, the source mentioned in qt5.info
> has vanished. Sorry if this is already known by everybody, i didn't
> follow the qt discussion yet.

I didn't even notice that yet!

I meant that Qt5 upstream released 5.7.1 in December 14 2016 and will
not update it again.

https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_5.7_Release

When programs I use will soon no longer support releases older than
5.9 I can not complain to them that it will no longer build in
Slackware because by all means we should of updated literally years
ago...