[Slackbuilds-users] qt5 is sorely in need of an update

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 18:03:43 UTC 2018

On 7/3/18, orbea at fredslev.dk <orbea at fredslev.dk> wrote:

> When programs I use will soon no longer support releases older than
> 5.9 I can not complain to them that it will no longer build in
> Slackware because by all means we should of updated literally years
> ago...

You (or whoever) could submit a qt59 or qt5-new or something like that,
and the stuff that requires qt 5.9 or newer could list that as a dep.

That, or if the old qt5 maintainer's OK with the change, rename the
existing qt5 to qt5-legacy and someone can submit a new qt5 build and
keep it up to date. Anything that won't build with the new qt5 has the
dep changed to qt5-legacy (more work that the previous option).

Is the problem just that the maintainer's gone missing, or is he answering
emails and giving out a reason why he won't update the build?