[Slackbuilds-users] sqldiff and other SQLite tools

Ythogtha yth at ythogtha.org
Wed Jul 4 13:53:24 UTC 2018

> On 7/2/18, Ythogtha <yth at ythogtha.org> wrote:
>
> > 	The SQLite tools are part of the SQLite source code, but are
> > different targets, and they don't seem to be included in Slackware64.
>
> I had to do something like this, create a python-keybinder build. The
> python bindings are in the keybinder source, but the Slack keybinder
> package doesn't include them. Yours could be called "sqlite3-tools" or
> "sqlite3-utilities" or "sqlite3-extras"...
>
> Keep your version in sync with Slackware's sqlite3 version, and be extra
> careful not to overwrite anything in the sqlite3 package...

Ok, thanks for your answer !

	As I wasn't able to properly distinguish what tools might or might not
be useful inside the SQLite tool folder - about none seemed useful except
maybe when you have a use for them - I decided to only create an sqldiff package.
	Besides the sqlite-tools zip provided by SQLite includes only sqlite3
which is included the slackware SQLite package, sqlite3_analyzer which is
included in the slackware tcl package and sqldiff.
	It seems logical to only create an sqldiff SlackBuild.

	So I used the slackware sqlite source, the URL I used is actually from
the official slackware mirror source directory. And I cut'n'pasted the configure
options for SQLite, so it should be the most compatible with slackware's version
of SQLite.

	Here goes to the submit page !

Have a nice day :)

--