[Slackbuilds-users] QGIS 3 on Slackware

Benjamin Trigona-Harany slackbuilds at jaxartes.net
Sun Mar 4 15:41:42 UTC 2018

If anyone is interested in running QGIS 3.0.0 on Slackware 14.2, I have
working build scripts available. I would like feedback and bug reports, of
course, but I'm also interested in hearing how much demand there is for QGIS 3
to be an official SlackBuild.

Instructions and new SlackBuilds are located here https://github.com/bosth/
qgis3-slackbuild (this is still a work in progress so not everything is
intended to be ready for submission). The end product won't be compatible with
an existing QGIS 2.x installation.

For the missing but optional Python 3 modules I mentioned in the README, you
can just use pip3 install $NAME --user to install them until we have proper
Python 3 SlackBuilds. I believe it is just psycopg2, owslib and Jinja2 that
need this treatment.

Ben