[Slackbuilds-users] What about slack-{required, suggests} files?

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Sat Mar 10 18:02:42 UTC 2018

On 03/10/2018 10:50 AM, Andrew wrote:

> I think we should have MAKEDEP and RUNDEP lines in info file for listing build-time and runtime dependencies there.

No need to complicate things, we're only concerned with what's required
to build a package. Anything that can be removed later should already be
noted in the README.

> Also, can we add SHA256SUM to .info file for slackers with paranoia? ;-)

The sums are not used for security, we have no control over upstream
sources anyway. It's just there so end users can verify they're using
the same source files that the script was tested against.

--
Erik