[Slackbuilds-users] Retroshare do not work Slackware.

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 13 11:15:03 UTC 2018

On 13/03/18 20:33, Ozan Türkyılmaz wrote:

> <matteo.bernardini at gmail.com <mailto:matteo.bernardini at gmail.com>>:

>     <ozan.turkyilmaz at gmail.com <mailto:ozan.turkyilmaz at gmail.com>>:
>     > I have updated libupnp script. I am still on vacation, though.
>     > I am attaching the file for testing. It looks OK from here but I need better
>     > testing with other programs.
>
>     thanks, I pushed it in my branch.
>

> I havent been able to compile retroshare but problem is not with libupnp
> right now.

Yes, that patch is just a partial fix.

The API for libupnp has changed in the new 1.8.x versions (SBo has
libupnp-1.8.3 at the moment). Retroshare devs will need to update their
code to utilize the new libupnp API.

Without any indication of how long that might take, maybe we need a
libupnp-legacy SlackBuild with version capped at the latest in the 1.6.x
series so that retroshare can continue to be built. Otherwise we sit
tight with a SlackBuild that won't build until upstream updates their code.

chris