[Slackbuilds-users] github doubling tarball name, again

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 25 18:16:06 UTC 2018

>> wget works as expected, Firefox doesn't.
>> Shit. Again.
>
> Yes. I avoid to use Firefox for downloading files, especially compressed ones.

Well, that's not my opinion.  IMO, what's broken is

(1) an http tool like wget that by default ignores what the http
protocol is telling it.

(2) github that doesn't document their download api.

(3) projects using stupid tags like 'elementary-xfce-0.11' or 'v0.1.2'
or 'Release_3.2.1' instead of just '1.2.3'

-D.