[Slackbuilds-users] Inkscape 0.92.3 error

rob van nues rvnues at disroot.org
Fri May 4 15:41:11 UTC 2018

On Fri, 04 May 2018 09:33:13 +0000
slackbuilds-users-request at slackbuilds.org wrote:

>    2. Re: Inkscape 0.92.3 error (Ekin Akoglu)
>    3. Re: Inkscape 0.92.3 error (Ananda Murthy R S)

Hi, I have inkscape working as well. But no libiconv on my system.

When you do a 'content'-search on the slackware package
browser (https://packages.slackware.com/) no libiconv is part of 14.2.
A usr/include/iconv.h comes with glibc .

Maybe try to find whether you have a package on your box that provides a
libiconv and needs to be removed/changed in order to let inkscape
compile. It could interfere with glibc it seems according to this old
thread on LQ:
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/undefined-reference-to-libiconv-341284/

HTH

Rob