[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20180520.1 (gdal)

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Sun May 20 07:45:46 UTC 2018

On 20/05/18 11:46, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Here's another public update to fix prosody and geoclue2 issues we found
> in yesterday's update and also included a bunch of updates in this batch.
>

> Sun May 20 01:37:03 UTC 2018
  [snip]
> gis/gdal: Updated for version 2.2.4.

I was wondering why this was being downgraded from 2.3.0 so soon after
its recent upgrade; then saw in git log that it was due to recent
breakage of "lots of dependent packages that don't use c++11".

In fact I had noticed this when rebuilding OpenSceneGraph (which
optionally requires gdal) and had already suggested to the maintainer a
fairly simple change to the OSG SlackBuild which fixed the problem for
OSG with gdal-2.3.0. I had three other SlackBuilds which depend on gdal
and their rebuilds were all unaffected by the c++11 issue.

I see there are quite a few SlackBuilds which depend on gdal, however
might it be possible for them to be changed (like OSG) so that gdal
isn't stuck at 2.2.4? All that needed to be done in the OSG case was to
add "-std=c++11" to the compiler environment. In OSG's case, using cmake:
    -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS:STRING="$SLKCFLAGS -std=c++11" \
    -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING="$SLKCFLAGS -std=c++11" \

It may not be so simple for all affected SlackBuilds but worth a try?

chris