[Slackbuilds-users] new VLC always crashes

Sebastien BALLET slacker6896 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 15:08:47 UTC 2018

Hello,

the driver name "nvidia" is hardcoded but you can override it using the
environment variable VDPAU_DRIVER and more precisely in /etc/profile.d/
vdpau.sh/.csh, which, by default, only contains commented definitions of
that variable :

8<-----------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh

# Disable debugging output of the vdpau backend
export VDPAU_LOG=0

# Use the vdpau backend of the nvidia binary driver
#export VDPAU_DRIVER="nvidia"

# Use the vdpau backend of the nouveau driver
#export VDPAU_DRIVER="nouveau"

# Use the vdpau backend of the r300 driver
#export VDPAU_DRIVER="r300"

# Use the vdpau backend of the r600 driver
#export VDPAU_DRIVER="r600"

# Use the vdpau backend of the radeonsi driver
#export VDPAU_DRIVER="radeonsi"

# Use the va-api/opengl backend
#export VDPAU_DRIVER="va_gl"

--