[Slackbuilds-users] six and python3-six

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 04:18:00 UTC 2018

Do we need separate six and python3-six builds?

Right now, six will build & install python3 support if python3 is
installed on the build box. python3-six is identical, except (a) it
requires python3 in the .info file and (b) it builds only the python3
stuff.

I'd say either these 2 builds should be combined, or else the six build
should be modified so it's python2-only (get rid of optional python3
support).

But, I'm not the maintainer of either of these, and I'm not even a
Python programmer.

Opinions?