[Slackbuilds-users] hoorex-0.6.4 and tty control Strings

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 17 05:46:35 UTC 2018

On 17/9/18 8:42 am, Christoph Willing wrote:
> On 16/9/18 8:10 pm, Konrad J Hambrick wrote:
[snip]

> A problem I will have with the python curses solution is how to test. Is
> your problem due to a physical device you're using, or is it to do with
> how you're using hoorex in your update scripts i.e. something I could
> replicate sufficiently to test any fix?

Hi Konrad,

I just discovered something which I hope is relevant - I can see the
escape sequences when I pipe or redirect hoorex output anywhere. That
breaks a use case described in the man page - not good - so I've
committed a fix for this situation (by first testing whether output
device is a tty).

Is your case similar to that (a script piping or redirecting hoorex
output somewhere)? If so, the attached patch should fix it. Could you
test it (against 0.6.4) if you have time?

Thanks,
chris