[Slackbuilds-users] Rebuilding packages on new host

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Aug 3 22:10:37 UTC 2019

On Sat, 3 Aug 2019, Jeremy Hansen wrote:

> What is in /opt/slackbuilds/ as that is not a default directory for any
> programs I'm aware of?

Jeremy,

/opt/slackbuilds/ and its subdirectories hold the SBo packages I've manually
installed. Not using sbopkg, but downloading the package subdirectory
tarball and the executable.

> So, are you just wanting to get a list of all the missing packages on the
> 64bit host compared to the 32bit host and then build them on the 64bit host?

I created such a list and, yes, I want to build those missing packages on
the 64-bit host.

> If so, what I've done in the past is get a list of all those programs, add
> them into the requires line in a .info, run sqg against that program, then
> built everything with sbopkg. When I switched to 14.2, I actually ended up
> doing a similar thing, but with slackrepo. I would just put on the command
> line all three programs I wanted to install and it figured out all the
> dependencies and build order.

I've not before known of sqg and will look for it. I can list the packages
that are in the list of those installed on the 32-bit host but not on the
64-bit host, and learn how to use the requires line in an .info file.

Will look at doing this; may have more questions.

Thanks very much,

Rich