[Slackbuilds-users] Rebuilding packages on new host

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 5 21:32:22 UTC 2019

On Sun, 4 Aug 2019, Chris Abela wrote:

> Try
> sbopkg -R -k -i "queue1.sqf queue2.sqf ...."

Thanks, Chris.

After reading the sbopkg man page and the README-queuefiles I have a
few questions remaining.

The pending queue file has 195 packages. Should I separate these by repo
category into separate .sqf files?

Does the sequence of packages in [a|the] queue file matter?

The dependency chains, particularly with libraries, can be several levels.
Will sbopkg resolve these dependencies or do I need to manually sequence the
packages in each .sqf file so requirements are built/installed before the
dependent package?

Might it be worth the time to check each package in the SBo repo to
determine whether options should be appended to the package name in the
queue file? Or, should I have them built with defaults and wait for
something to not run?

Regards,

Rich