[Slackbuilds-users] Rebuilding packages on new host

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 00:36:05 UTC 2019

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019, 6:10 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Aug 2019, Jeremy Hansen wrote:
>
> >> The pending queue file has 195 packages. Should I separate these by repo
> >> category into separate .sqf files?
>
> > I wouldn't. One file will make it easier.
>
> Jeremy,
>
> Okay. I'll leave them all in one file.
>
> > Does the sequence of packages in [a|the] queue file matter?
> >
> > Yes! This is the order sbopkg will build them in, so they need to be in
> > the right build order. sqg generates queue files based on the needed
> build
> > order for the SlackBuilds.
>
> I thought so yet hoped for a command line option that would make life
> simpler. :-)

This actually reminded me of a request I made for sqg almost 4 years ago
that Willy implemented 2 years ago. You should be able to run sqg with the
programs you you want with a -o after it and it will write a
/var/lib/sbopkg/queues/custom.sqf file

sqg -p "krusader filezilla mediainfo" -o

You could use this to have sqg create a custom.sqf file, which you should
then be able to run sbopkg -i custom and then tell it to do the queuefile.

Jeremy