[Slackbuilds-users] SBo: Upgrading python3

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Fri Feb 1 17:02:04 UTC 2019

Hello,

On 01/02/2019 17:18, Rich Shepard wrote:
> I sent this message to Audrius but it was returned as undeliverable.
>
> The SBo repository has python3-3.6.7 while the current release is -3.7.2. I
> tried building the new version changing the version number in the current
> script with this result:

If you suggest to upgrade Python 3  to 3.7.2 in SBo, I disagree.

There are a few backward incompatible changes that need to be handled
by existing programs written in Pyton 3.6.x mentioned in this document:
https://docs.python.org/3/whatsnew/3.7.html, that's why.

But if you just want to upgrade locally, that's fine of course ;)

Best,

Didier