[Slackbuilds-users] Qgis needs updating

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 17 20:35:16 UTC 2019

On Wed, 17 Jul 2019, Benjamin Trigona-Harany wrote:

> You can't just update QGIS from 2.x to 3.x. It's now based on Qt5 and
> Python 3 and it's non-trivial to upgrade a 14.2 system to accommodate. You
> can try to follow the instructions at
> https://github.com/bosth/qgis3-slackbuild, but note that I haven't updated
> them since the Qt5 SlackBuilds were updated or since the 3.0 series.

Ben,

I have Qt5-9.6.8 and Python3-3.7.3 installed on the two 64-bit hosts.

Trying to build the 2.18.18 version with the SBo script (on the 64-bit
desktop) fails:

[ 97%] Built target qgis_app
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'll look at the URL you provided and try that. It's likely that the 2.18.18
version will do the modeling I need to do, and learning why the Makefile
failed would be really helpful.

Regards,

Rich