[Slackbuilds-users] docutils slackbuild

Christoph Willing chris.willing at linux.com
Wed Jun 26 07:04:27 UTC 2019

On 26/6/19 7:13 am, Erich Ritz via SlackBuilds-users wrote:
> I added "rm -rf build" before the "python3 setup.py ..." line:
>
> python setup.py install --root=$PKG
> rm -rf build
> python3 setup.py install --root=$PKG
>
> See the attached patch.

This is a much better solution than the one I suggested previously
(explicitly forcing 2to3 to run) since it enables the project's own
setup.py to run 2to3 itself as was always intended. I guess the
developers weren't expecting setup.py to be run twice as we do to build
for both python2 and python3.

> I emailed the maintainer last week but maybe my email got lost.

He's probably busy on other stuff.

Perhaps someone else could ping him about it (Willy?). Several users
have had problems with this issue now - it should be fixed.

chris