[Slackbuilds-users] apg-2.2.3 automated password generator

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Wed Nov 20 09:25:14 UTC 2019

I am missing apg.

is it this one?

Automated Password Generator (APG)

PublishedOctober 5, 1993
Charles Dinkel
Withdrawn on October 19, 2015

Here is a document including the source

https://www.nist.gov/publications/automated-password-generator-apg

There are many sources all the same md5sum in the internet.

e.g. from Fossies the fresh open source software archive.

https://fossies.org/linux/privat/old/apg-2.2.3.tar.gz

The old (14.1) apg.SlackBuild works on my 32 bit Slackware Current.

Can we trust NIST? I remember was an issue with tuned random number
generators. But you can always add a SheBang to the suggested password.
I know me own internal password generator depends on blood pressure and
sugar and is far less trustworthy.

If the maintainer has gone away I am willing to toke it.

Cheers
Peter

--
Peter and Karin Dambier