[Slackbuilds-users] Qt5 ... newer versions available

Dave Woodfall dave at slackbuilds.org
Sat Oct 12 02:03:29 UTC 2019

On Fri 11 Oct 2019 20:45,
Slackbuilds Users <slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> put forth the proposition:
> Hi all,

Hi

> SBO has Qt5 5.9.8, but 5.13.1 is now (since Sept 5) a going concern.
>
> Are there any plans to update?

5.9.8 is the most supported LTS version at the moment.

It could be possible to update to the latest LTS, which is 5.12, but
it may mean the various dependencies to also be updated, and perhaps
older versions kept available for older applications.  It would
require some testing to make sure that everything works with it.

I do still a SlackBuild for 5.12, so I'll have a look at it.

Dave

> Thanks
>
>                                 Jim

	The Minnesota Board of Education voted to consider requiring all
students to do some "volunteer work" as a prerequisite to high school gradu-
ation.
	Senator Orrin Hatch said that "capital punishment is our society's
recognition of the sanctity of human life."

	According to the tax bill signed by President Reagan on December 22,
1987, Don Tyson and his sister-in-law Barbara run a "family farm."  Their
"farm" has 25,000 employees and grosses $1.7 billion a year.  But as a "family
farm" they get tax breaks that save them $135 million a year.

	Scott L. Pickard, spokesperson for the Massachusetts Department of
Public Works, calls them "ground-mounted confirmatory route markers."  You
probably call them road signs, but then you don't work in a government agency.

	It's not "elderly" or "senior citizens" anymore.  Now it's "chrono-
logically experienced citizens."

	According to the FAA, the propeller blade didn't break off, it was
just a case of "uncontained blade liberation."
		-- Quarterly Review of Doublespeak (NCTE)