[Slackbuilds-users] VirtualBox6?

Logan Rathbone poprocks at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 19:36:21 UTC 2019

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 02:17:01PM -0400, Andrew Payne wrote:
> Hi all, I wanted to check in about VirtualBox.  Is there a chance of an
> updated slackbuild or a limitation of 14.2 that keeps it stuck at v5?  It
> seems they have a generic .run installer now, but I haven't seen this used
> in a slackbuild before.

Have you contacted the maintainer? As I understand, it is standard
protocol to contact the maintainer about such things first, and only
post to this list if you have not received a response within a
reasonable period of time.

> I'd try to package it, but VB is a little beyond my skill to reasonably
> maintain it.

Personally, there are some things I just have no interest in compiling:
libreoffice, Chromium, KDE (have I said thanks to AlienBob yet?) and
VirtualBox, being prime examples.

For VirtualBox, for years I've used the .run installers distributed by
Oracle, without issue.  So that's what I do to run the latest version.
YMMV of course.