[Slackbuilds-users] Numpy3

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 23:25:36 UTC 2020

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020, 5:02 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> Well, the U. of Oregon again failed your ISP's SPF test so my message to
> your linux.com address was again rejected. Sheesh.

SBo has no official policy on how maintainers should upgrade their
packages. If there's no major bugs and no requirements by other software
for newer versions, some maintainers prefer to ride out there current
version until some bug is found or other software requires newer versions.

This is a similar stance taken by Pat in stable releases of Slackware. He
doesn't upgrade libraries in 14.2 just because newer versions are out.

This is why I said you may want to provide some reason on why the
maintainer should upgrade other than "there's a newer version".

Jeremy