[Slackbuilds-users] faac and faad2 build errors.

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 16:40:34 UTC 2020

On 4/21/20, Mark A. Flacy via SlackBuilds-users
<slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Both of these Slackbuilds appear to believe that the artifact downloaded
> from GitHub contains underscores.
>
> In my as-close-as-possible-to-pristine Slackware build servers, that is
> NOT the case.  Both Slackbuilds fail due to the insistence that
> underscores are in the downloaded file name.

I've been going through and fixing up issues with github URLs like these,
faac and faad2 have both gotten the treatment and the fixed versions
will appear in this week's update.

The problem is that github will allow *anything* as the filename portion
of the URL. Whether or not your downloading tool (wget, curl, browser,
whatever) saves the file with the "anything" or the server-provided
filename, depends on whether your tool uses the Content-disposition
HTTP header.