[Slackbuilds-users] Python3 module installation issues

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Dec 26 19:57:15 UTC 2020

Some of my python3 modules ended up in the python2.7/site-packages/
directory rather than the python3.9/site-packages/ directory. I've started
by removing, rebuilding, and re-installing all packages starting with
Python3-3.9.1. I've found two issues:

1.) The SlackBuild script for Pygments-2.7.2 (and perhaps more packages)
accommodates both python2 and python3. However, since Python2-2.7.17 is
installed here the script installs Pygment there and ignores the Python3
installation. I fixed this by commenting out the python2 setup.py command
line.

2.) There are both /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/ and
/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages. Pygments installed in the first one
while Cython and PyQt5 (rebuilt and re-installed) are in the latter one.
Since this is a x86_64 host I want all packages in /usr/lib64/ but find no
way to specify this in the Pygments build script.

How can I fix this and avoid future issues as I re-do Python3 and remove the
Python2 modules as they reach EOL this coming Thursday and I don't need
them?

Regards,

Rich