[Slackbuilds-users] Python3 module installation issues [UPDATE]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Dec 26 20:04:56 UTC 2020

On Sat, 26 Dec 2020, Rich Shepard wrote:

> 2.) There are both /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/ and
> /usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages. Pygments installed in the first one
> while Cython and PyQt5 (rebuilt and re-installed) are in the latter one.
> Since this is a x86_64 host I want all packages in /usr/lib64/ but find no
> way to specify this in the Pygments build script.

> How can I fix this and avoid future issues as I re-do Python3 and remove the
> Python2 modules as they reach EOL this coming Thursday and I don't need
> them?

Update:

The Pygments.SlackBuild script does not contain installation directions for
64-bit hosts:

if [ -z "$ARCH" ]; then
   case "$( uname -m )" in
     i?86) ARCH=i586 ;;
     arm*) ARCH=arm ;;
        *) ARCH=$( uname -m ) ;;
   esac
fi

While the python3-Cython.SlackBuild script does, following the above stanza:

if [ "$ARCH" = "i586" ]; then
   SLKCFLAGS="-O2 -march=i586 -mtune=i686"
   LIBDIRSUFFIX=""
elif [ "$ARCH" = "i686" ]; then
   SLKCFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686 -mtune=i686"
   LIBDIRSUFFIX=""
elif [ "$ARCH" = "x86_64" ]; then
   SLKCFLAGS="-O2 -fPIC"
   LIBDIRSUFFIX="64"
else
   SLKCFLAGS="-O2"
   LIBDIRSUFFIX=""
fi

Should I add this to the Pygments.SlackBuild script?

Stay well, all,

Rich