[Slackbuilds-users] Unmaintained builds - want any of these?

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 09:25:47 UTC 2020

Il giorno gio 2 gen 2020 alle ore 10:01 Franzen
<slackbuilds at schoepfer.info> ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> >> Longer version: we're coming to terms with the fact that we
> >> simply don't have the personnel or the time to maintain all of
> >> the scripts here ourselves, so we (translation: B. Watson) ran
> >> through a got some lists of stuff that hasn't had any recent
> >> commits by their listed maintainers.
>
> There are projects like "sonata" where there is no newer upstream
> version,
> so that's probably the reason for the lack of updates.
> Should there be anyway a renew of the listed maintainer in this case?

I suppose it's pacific that either:
- whoever steps in will try to get in touch with the original
maintainer asking if he's still interested;
- the original maintainer will get aware of the renew and will ask to
keep maintaining the interested stuff.

that should cover the cases you name as the maintainer will explain
that the version we have in the repository is the intended latest (and
he will keep his maintainership).

Matteo