[Slackbuilds-users] Unmaintained builds - want any of these?

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Thu Jan 2 23:06:58 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2 Jan 2020 21:17:10 +1000
Christoph Willing <chris.willing at linux.com> wrote:

> On 2/1/20 6:41 pm, Robby Workman wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > TL;DR version: if you would like to see any of the scripts on the
> > following list stay around, please step up to maintain them.
> >
> > https://slackbuilds.org/DeadSBoBuilds
> >

> development/Pivy is a hard dependency of graphics/FreeCad
>
> It (Pivy) has a hard dependency on development/SoQt
>
> which has a hard dependency on development/Coin.
>
> Therefore, I think Pivy, SoQt & Coin probably shouldn't be on the
> DeadSBoBuilds list.

So, two parts to this:

1) I intended this first dead list to include only stuff that
   did not show up as deps for other stuff, but clearly I failed,
   so the information is useful to me, even if not in the manner
   you intend.

2) Regardless of the fact that these things are required for other
   things, they are indeed "dead" with respect to having an active
   maintainer for SBo. Niels has not been active for a while now,
   so unless someone decides to assume responsibility for them,
   the intent is to (eventually) remove them.

-RW