[Slackbuilds-users] Unmaintained builds - want any of these?

Judah Milgram milgram at cgpp.com
Fri Jan 3 00:23:49 UTC 2020

(1) Surprising to see anacron on death row. I consider it a must-have.
Is there a better option nowadays? If so, I want to hear about it! If
not, I'll take it on.

(2) For clarity, what are the criteria for marking a script for deletion?

     (a) target software has been updated but script not updated?

     (b) maintainer is missing in action?

     (c) script is broken and nobody's fixing it?

     (d) other, or some combination?

     Regarding (a) and (b): if it's not broken, it works... just saying.

(3) as someone noted recently (in re pytesseract), it could be that we'd
be better off installing python things with pip or similar. I have no
position on this other than to observe that it would reduce the number
of packages SBo needs to maintain. But maybe there's an advantage to a
slackbuild that provides a package that could be otherwise be installed
via pip?

Thanks for all your hard work!

regards

Judah