[Slackbuilds-users] KDE4 Only SlackBuilds

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 13:36:35 UTC 2020

On 1/6/20, SARL burro-net <jens at tuxane.com> wrote:

> so there will never be a QT5 version.

If this software (any of it being talked about in this thread) is at all
useful or entertaining or whatever, and is just *qt4* and not *kde4*,
I doubt there's a need to remove it.

Pat may drop qt4 from Slackware 15, but you can be certain that *someone*
will add a qt4 build to SBo. Too many of us have builds that depend on it.
That someone might even be me (but only if nobody else wants to).

In theory, someone might do the same for kde4, but it would be a lot more
work and might not get done until later... or might not get done at all.
If it does happen, it won't be me doing it (not a fan of KDE in any of
its versions).