[Slackbuilds-users] building packages

Eugen Wissner belka at caraus.de
Fri Jan 10 20:54:11 UTC 2020

Hey,

manually. I'm downloading the files from slackbuilds.org and build. But
I should say I stopped to build packages for programming languages that
have package manages. So I'm installing globally python stuff with pip,
perl with cpan+, js with yarn, ruby with gem, haskell with stack and so
on... It mostly works fine even if a package I build from SBo has such
dependencies.

I'm also looking forward to use nix for that, but don't currently have
time to learn it (and it has some learning curve :))

I'm building on home PC and on the server to avoid linking errors and
such since the installations on the server and at home don't match.

Eugene