[Slackbuilds-users] Pixma driver module for Canon scanner

Heiko Rosemann heiko.rosemann at web.de
Sat Jan 11 14:36:34 UTC 2020

Rich,

On 1/11/20 2:53 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Jan 2020, Christoph Willing wrote:
>
>> Since your device is fairly new, I wonder if it will be recognised by just
>> adding an entry for it, along with the others, in
>> /etc/sane.d/genesys.conf - something like:
>>
>> # Canon LiDE 400
>> usb 0x04a9 0x1912
>
> Chris,
>
> Done. scanimage -L still cannot find any scanner

...did you also "activate" (uncomment) the genesys "module" in
/etc/sane.d/dll.conf? That's sort of the master configuration file,
determining which "modules" sane actually uses to search for a scanner.

If scanimage -L works as root but not as user, check if you are in the
plugdev and the scanner group (I think that's the two that are relevant).

Best of luck,
Heiko

P.S: Just wondering: Is this actually on-topic here?

--
eMails verschlüsseln mit PGP - privacy is your right!
Mein PGP-Key zur Verifizierung: http://pgp.mit.edu