[Slackbuilds-users] jack-audio-connection-kit vs. jack2, redux

Christoph Willing chris.willing at linux.com
Thu Jan 16 22:41:21 UTC 2020

On 15/1/20 8:16 am, B Watson wrote:

> So I propose to do this:
>
> - Rename jack-audio-connection-kit to jack1-legacy.
> - Rename jack2 to jack.
> - Update all .info files and READMEs that mention jack-audio-connection-kit,
>   so they say "jack" instead.
> - Eventually, get rid of jack1-legacy from our repo. No hurry on this.

Is there a timetable for this?

I've checked all my own relevant SlackBuilds as being OK for the change
(and klaatu seems to have already checked most/all others).

Will all the renaming changes happen automagically in the background
sometime or will maintainers each have to apply them to their own
SlackBuilds? One of my SlackBuilds currently needs updating to a new
version (though not urgently). How to proceed - should I incorporate any
jack related changes now or sit tight?

chris