[Slackbuilds-users] Qt5 Update to 5.12

Dave Woodfall dave at slackbuilds.org
Sat Jan 25 15:47:34 UTC 2020

To the maintainers of build scripts that depend on Qt5.

I've been testing Qt5 LTS version 5.12, and everything seems to build
apart from the following applications:

academic/fet
audio/SuperCollider
audio/muse
development/cutter
development/qbs
development/sqlitebrowser
games/vcmi
games/vcmi-core
games/vcmi-resolutions
games/vcmi-wog
graphics/librecad
graphics/qelectrotech
graphics/scantailor
graphics/scantailor-advanced
graphics/veles
ham/wsjtx
misc/goldencheetah
multimedia/vlc
network/clipgrab
network/falkon
network/otter
python/python3-babel

Untested due to needing to register to download it:

development/decklink-sdk

I expect most of them will only need a version bump.  The current Qt5
version will be "legacied" for anything that still needs it.

Could I ask some help from the maintainers of these to update them
and/or to see what needs fixing?  I will be looking at them too, but
it would save a lot of time and get Qt5 upgraded much faster.

Could the maintainers of any of these ack this message?

I've attached the Qt5-5.12 SlackBuild.  Note that it doesn't have
the _SBo tag, as it isn't officially in the repo yet.

Cheers :)

-daw