[Slackbuilds-users] Additional REQUIRES entries

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 11:30:51 UTC 2020

On 1/31/20, Christoph Willing <chris.willing at linux.com> wrote:
> [opencv]
> QK_REQUIRES = libdc1394 ffmpeg
>
> Of course, just add more entries as needed. Also, multiple quirks files
> can be maintained for special purposes, changing between them using the
> new -q option.

Is there a mechanism for keeping track of environment variables,
preferably in the same quirks file? As an example, ffmpeg has a ton
of optional FOO=yes BAR=yes and pretty much everyone wants/needs a
different set of them for their personal ffmpeg build. I have an "env"
file to source, in my local git tree (untracked, just sitting in the
ffmpeg dir) but it's not what you'd call an ideal solution.

Also you got stuff that has REQUIRES="python3", and the README says
python-something is optional (good candidate for quirks file), but
python-something has to be run with PYTHON3=yes in the env (doesn't
autodetect).