[Slackbuilds-users] RTL8192 driver: source link broken.

ld.jay ld.jay at protonmail.com
Mon Jul 20 16:42:27 UTC 2020

It has come to my attention that the source download link provided for my SlackBuild of this wifi driver is no longer working...

It appears that TP-Link has decided to disallow direct linking to the source archive, because the ZIP file is still there (the link is the same,) but now you have to go through their web-page to actually get the source. (Linking directly to the ZIP archive results in "Visit our homepage" message.)

So, the new link should be:
https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tl-wn823n/#Driver
then click on "[TL-WN823N(US)_V3_180508_Linux_beta](https://static.tp-link.com/2018/201805/20180514/TP-Link_Driver_Linux_series8_beta.zip)" to get the source.

Being relatively new to SBo, I'm not sure about the proper procedure for fixing this. Since submissions are closed now, I'm hoping one of the SBo admins will see this message and just update the .info and/or the README included with my slackbuild. If there is any further action I should take, just let me know.

Thanks,
Jay