[Slackbuilds-users] RTL8192 driver: source link broken.

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 03:02:05 UTC 2020

On 7/20/20, ld.jay via SlackBuilds-users
<slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
> It has come to my attention that the source download link provided for my
> SlackBuild of this wifi driver is no longer working...

Have I got the right link?

https://static.tp-link.com/2018/201805/20180514/TP-Link_Driver_Linux_series8_beta.zip

> It appears that TP-Link has decided to disallow direct linking to the source
> archive, because the ZIP file is still there (the link is the same,) but now
> you have to go through their web-page to actually get the source. (Linking
> directly to the ZIP archive results in "Visit our homepage" message.)

Hm. I just downloaded it with wget, with no problem.

And downloaded it again, with curl. And with PaleMoon, and elinks...

> If there is any further action I should take,
> just let me know.

Well, one of us could add a note in the README about how to download
the file, but from my testing I can't find the problem.

What were you using that failed to download the file? If wget works
for you, the README could be updated to say "If you have trouble
downloading the source file, try using wget instead of a browser",
something like that.

If you're using a browser, see what happens if you disable JavaScript.
If that turns out to fix it, the README can mention JS.