[Slackbuilds-users] wsdd2

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 11:23:27 UTC 2020

Il giorno mer 22 lug 2020 alle ore 13:04 Tim Dickson via
SlackBuilds-users <slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> ha scritto:

> hi all, I'm creating a slackbuild for wsdd2. this provides device and
> samba share browsing when netbios is not used.
> As this includes ip6, it is pretty essential in a lan unless you disable
> ip6 on all the windows clients, as it allows autodiscovery. (you do need
> to make sure you allow ip6 addresses in smb.conf as well)
>
> There isn't an rc.wsdd2 file with the source, so I was thinking of
> creating one. What I am not sure is the preferred way of adding it to
> rc.M and rc.K or similar in the doinst.sh
> It would be nice if the package was activated when it was installed. It
> could always be de-activated by removing the executable bit from it's rc
> file.
> i could grep for it, and if not there, then add it, but that doesn't
> handle removing it if someone removes the package.
>
> I was surprised it hadn't been added to samba already, but looking at
> the samba mailing list, it has been sitting around but not added for 4
> years. assuming it does eventually get added, then there will be no need
> for a separate package, but until that time, it is pretty essential with
> windows 10 these days.
>
> are there recommended ways of adding rc files so that they are run on
> startup. ?
> thanks, Tim
> regards, Tim

silently modifying Slackware startup scripts in the doinst.sh isn't
allowed (as it's considered dangerous) but you can add a note to the
README with details on the modificatiions to apply: here is an example

https://slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/14.2/system/lxdm/README.SLACKWARE

Matteo