[Slackbuilds-users] wsdd2

Tim Dickson dickson.tim at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 22 11:04:22 UTC 2020

hi all, I'm creating a slackbuild for wsdd2. this provides device and
samba share browsing when netbios is not used.
As this includes ip6, it is pretty essential in a lan unless you disable
ip6 on all the windows clients, as it allows autodiscovery. (you do need
to make sure you allow ip6 addresses in smb.conf as well)

There isn't an rc.wsdd2 file with the source, so I was thinking of
creating one. What I am not sure is the preferred way of adding it to
rc.M and rc.K or similar in the doinst.sh
It would be nice if the package was activated when it was installed. It
could always be de-activated by removing the executable bit from it's rc
file.
i could grep for it, and if not there, then add it, but that doesn't
handle removing it if someone removes the package.

I was surprised it hadn't been added to samba already, but looking at
the samba mailing list, it has been sitting around but not added for 4
years. assuming it does eventually get added, then there will be no need
for a separate package, but until that time, it is pretty essential with
windows 10 these days.

are there recommended ways of adding rc files so that they are run on
startup. ?
thanks, Tim
regards, Tim

https://www.avg.com