[Slackbuilds-users] sbopkg issues

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Sat May 23 09:06:45 UTC 2020

On Wed, May 20, 2020, 12:00 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 21 May 2020, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
>
> > queue file need to be updated manually if there's a chance in the
> > repository after public update. It's always a good practice to run sqg -a
> > on every public update after running sbopkg -r
>
> Willy,
>
> I've been using the GUI so I need to learn the CLI.
>
> >> Two separate issues: python3-PyQt5 has been presented for several weeks.
> >> GnuCash upgrade is a new one this week.
> >
> > In what package?
>
> Here, gnucash-3.10 was installed. After synchronizing sbopkg with the repo
> had it search for upgrades. One upgrade was for python3-PyQt5-5.13.2,
> noting
> that -5.13.2 is installed. Another upgrade was for gnucash-3.10, noting
> that -3.10 is installed.

gnucash had it's build number bumped 7 days ago to add a patch for boost.

https://git.slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/commit/office/gnucash?h=14.2&id=9c270f89fd886c80e031ff3930f3c923a9f6abb4

python3-PyQt5 had it's build number bumped at the end of April to change
how the python version is determined.

https://git.slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/commit/libraries/python3-PyQt5?h=14.2&id=47f31d21c7b44346917fd1048f5a6dc31ef7f545

This is why sbopkg presented these as updates. You can always check the
changelog link on the SBo page for that package to see what the latest
change was.

Jeremy