[Slackbuilds-users] How to Build a Project Based On pyproject.toml for SBo

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Sun May 24 05:56:32 UTC 2020

On Sat, May 23, 2020, 11:49 PM Willy Sudiarto Raharjo <
willysr at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> > The project I'm running into this problem with is tinydb.
> >
> > https://github.com/msiemens/tinydb
> >
> > Can anyone provide me with a website covering how to build and package
> > these types of projects or the code on how to build it and prep it for
> > packaging?
>
> they provide tarball releases.
> probably start with that?

As far as I can tell, that's just a tarball of the source code. How do I
build that source code into a package in a tmp directory? The instructions
say to use "pip install .", but I can't find anything like "python setup.py
install --root=$PKG" option. I checked AUR, but they're using an older
version of tinydb that still had a setup.py and the program needing tinydb
requires a newer version (which doesn't have setup.py).

To clarify, the developer removed the ability to build this using a
setup.py, so where do I go from there within the SlackBuild?

Jeremy