[Slackbuilds-users] cmake too old issues

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Mon May 25 17:24:35 UTC 2020

On 5/25/20, Richard Ellis via SlackBuilds-users
<slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> Just build the cmake from -current from source, and 'upgradepkg' with
> the result.
>
> If -current's cmake requires some other package(s) that is(are) not new
> enough in 14.2, then repeat the process with those other packages.

*Ugh*, no. This advice would be OK for someone to do on their own personal
system, but it's not going to fly in a SBo script. We wouldn't accept a
build that included "replace a bunch of Slackware's core packages with
custom built ones" in its instructions.