[Slackbuilds-users] Google chrome?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri May 29 22:14:16 UTC 2020

I thought SBo provided Google's chrome browser but am not finding it. I did
find a linuxquestions thread from 2012 (version -13.37) that suggested it
had been available.

I'm making a video conference presentation the week after next hosted on a
site that's a subset of Zoom. A test connection today failed using the
latest firefox and opera and only partially succeeded with the latest
chromium. The cloud software site had support for linux but Slackware (of
course) was under "other linux" and could not download a library it wanted
nor open a necessary web page. Sigh.

The conference organizers suggested I try Google's chrome. Going to google's
chrome download page I see they have .deb and .rpm packages for download and
installation; I don't know that I can download only. They have another page
for other linux distributions and for Slackware they point to Alien BOB's
chromium. I have the SBo chromium installed.

If I can't get something to work here I'll need to drive about 65 miles each
way to another city where they have a studio set up to run the entire
conference. I'd prefer to avoid that travel if I can present from here.

I'm open to suggestions.

Rich