[Slackbuilds-users] Google chrome?

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Sat May 30 15:00:53 UTC 2020

On Sat, May 30, 2020, 6:32 AM Alexander Verbovetsky <alik at ejik.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 29 May 2020, Jeremy Hansen wrote:
>
> > I know you already got your answer, but I've found the best way to
> > install an up-to-date chrome is to use ruario's latest-chrome script.
> >
> > https://gist.github.com/ruario/9672759
>
> I think this is equivalent to the SlackBuild from extra, both install
> the last stable version.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander

It's close, but ruario's script will check online for the latest version
and download it (and optionally install/upgrade it automatically when
finished). The one from extra/ requires you to go and download the latest
.deb from Chrome's site and save it in the same folder as the SlackBuild.

Both give you the same package at the end, but ruario's requires much less
effort on your end.

Jeremy