[Slackbuilds-users] sqg for teapot

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Thu Nov 19 14:44:43 UTC 2020

I'm going to recommend teapot be removed from slackbuilds.  Reason for
recommendation is teapot several versions back ditched gtk in favor of
fltk.  The teapot package makes its user manual available when running
teapot in graphical mode under fltk or does it?  If fltk doesn't run
when teapot is run we have a package effectively stripped of its user
manual in both console and graphical user interfaces and a 45 line man
page is inadequate for a package like this.  There is no user manual in
/usr/share/doc/teapot in pdf or html format either so console interface
users can't even use the package.

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020, B Watson wrote:

> Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 00:10:13
> From: B Watson <yalhcru at gmail.com>
> To: SlackBuilds.org Users List <slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org>
> Subject: Re: [Slackbuilds-users] sqg for teapot
>
> On 11/18/20, Jeremy Hansen <jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > teapot does not have any required dependencies (it has an optional
> > dependency of fltk, but sqg doesn't pick up optional dependencies). This is
> > why sqg presents that prompt. Generating a queue for a program that has no
> > dependencies is a little redundant.
>
> Interestingly enough, I just built teapot with fltk installed, and it
> doesn't get picked up by teapot's cmake stuff:
>
> CMake Warning at CMakeLists.txt:43 (find_package):
>   Could not find a package configuration file provided by "FLTK" with any of
>   the following names:
>
>     FLTKConfig.cmake
>     fltk-config.cmake
>
>   Add the installation prefix of "FLTK" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
>   "FLTK_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "FLTK"
>   provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been
>   installed.
>
> So fltk isn't even an optional dep of teapot, currently.

United States has 633 Billionaires with only 10 doing any annual
significant giving.