[Slackbuilds-users] sqg for teapot

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Thu Nov 19 20:32:56 UTC 2020

Thanks for doing the fixes.  I was about to contact the developer when I
found one of the packages necessary to generate the documentation in
/usr/share/doc/teapot-2.30/INSTALL wasn't available on slackware.  Two
other packages mentioned are available in slackbuilds though.

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020, B Watson wrote:

> Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 15:13:29
> From: B Watson <yalhcru at gmail.com>
> To: SlackBuilds.org Users List <slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org>
> Subject: Re: [Slackbuilds-users] sqg for teapot
>
> On 11/19/20, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel at panix.com> wrote:
> > I'm going to recommend teapot be removed from slackbuilds.  Reason for
> > recommendation is teapot several versions back ditched gtk in favor of
> > fltk.  The teapot package makes its user manual available when running
> > teapot in graphical mode under fltk or does it?  If fltk doesn't run
> > when teapot is run we have a package effectively stripped of its user
> > manual in both console and graphical user interfaces and a 45 line man
> > page is inadequate for a package like this.  There is no user manual in
> > /usr/share/doc/teapot in pdf or html format either so console interface
> > users can't even use the package.
>
> I've addressed this in the update I pushed last night. The changes I
> made were: fix the fltk build (it wasn't working), include the pdf and
> html manual in /usr/doc/teapot-2.3.0, and alter the man page to say
> /usr/doc/teapot-2.3.0 instead of /usr/share/doc/teapot.
>
> Also restored the original homepage and download links, since the
> original site is now up again.
>
> All this stuff will be in this week's update, which means you should
> see it Saturday or so.
>
> BTW, did you ever contact the actual maintainer of the teapot
> build? From the .info file, that would be Jostein Berntsen,
> jbernts at broadpark.no. I took it on myself to fix the build because I
> assumed "hey, not updated in years, maintainer must be MIA", but it
> looks like his other builds have been getting updates... Jostein, if
> you're reading this, I apologize if I stepped on your toes.

United States has 633 Billionaires with only 10 doing any annual
significant giving.