[Slackbuilds-users] gmic with latest opencv

Christoph Willing chris.willing at linux.com
Sun Oct 18 22:56:22 UTC 2020

Last April I contacted the graphics/gmic maintainer with details of
modest changes required to gmic.SlackBuild when building with the latest
version of opencv. At that time I updated the opencv.SlackBuild for
version 4.3.0 on the basis that the gmic maintainer would update gmic's
SlackBuild accordingly.

I have now updated opencv to 4.5.0 and found that the SlackBuild for
gmic still hasn't been updated. For those needing to build gmic with the
latest opencv, the changes required for gmic.SlackBuild are as follows:

1. change the line:
    make -C src cli lib libc WGET=/bin/true LIBS=${LDFLAGS} -j1 to now be:
    make -C src cli lib libc WGET=/bin/true LIBS=${LDFLAGS}
OPT_CFLAGS="$SLKCFLAGS " -j1

2. change the line:
    SLKCFLAGS="-O0 -fPIC -fno-fast-math"
(under "elif [ "$ARCH" = "x86_64" ]; then") to now be:
    SLKCFLAGS="-O3 -fPIC"

Presumably the other architectures could probably also be changed to -O3
but I haven't looked at that yet.

Further, gmic's README states that opencv should not be built with qt5
installed. This is no longer correct and should be removed from the README.

chris